Saturday, September 6, 2008

A First For Everything

This week was truly a week of firsts for me!
Firstly (LOL)....I finally got around to doing my very first digi layout. It was frustrating at times and it took me 2 days but I finally got it done. Problem now is that I really, really want to do a better one so I could easily become obsessed with digi's.....LOL. I used Kath's gorgeous sketch challenge for this layout.

Here is my first digi layout


My other first for the week was a "Collage". Our talented guest designer at TBSS this month is Deb Mitchell and she does some awesome collage layout's which inspired me to give one a go! I did this layout for Nat's challenge of black with at least 3 highlights of each of the colors green, yellow and white.....


I ended up with a huge mess doing this one and was spread out on the floor in the end. Wait 'til you try picking up a collage layout! So heavy....and it didn't help I'd been laying on the floor and my back was killing me!....LOL. The photos are of my son Jake, 14. Lucky boy was given a new computer by his Uncle Mark and the look on his face just said it all. I guess it's a bit like opening a big box of scrapping supplies!...LOL


Anyway this is the end result!


Thanks for looking. Come back soon....


No comments: