Thursday, March 19, 2009

Here's a project I did for Lexies OTP/Altered Item Challenge for March at
Ready, Set, Scrap!.
This was a great challenge and it gave me the kick up the butt to tackle this suitcase that I have had for a year now!!!
Thanks Lexie.

Lexie's Challenge:

March OTP Challenge - set by Lexie King
For this month's OTP challenge I would like you to
take one house hold object, it can be anything, chair, toaster, saucepan, lamp etc
and transform it into a work of art
You must use
paint
minimum of 13 flowers
and beads
you may add anything else you want to create you work of art

Here is the before pic

And after


On the outside I used paint, patterned paper, mod podge and ribbon


Inside the suitcase



For the inside I lined the lid with fabric, lace and ric-rac with flowers, ribbon and beads to embellish. The bottom section of the suitcase is just painted.

This little suitcase now holds all those gorgeous drawings, letters and artwork my kids are giving me all the time......xxx






2 comments:

LG said...

Love it Tracey!!! Very creative!

Mandy said...

love your little suitcase...i need one of them for my stuff from the kids....good idea!!!